Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Scholarship Recipient - Shaquille Kevon Heath



From ETS I have gained knowledge that has made the college process a lot easier.  Having to do this process alone, I am very grateful for the ETS program and its employees that have helped me every step of the way.
I have a cumulative GPA of 3.9 and 26 ACT score.  I take as many advanced, AP, and concurrent enrollment classes as I can, including U.S. History and Medical Terminology, both concurrent enrollment classes, my junior year.  This year I am taking AP U.S. Government and AP English.  My concurrent enrollment classes consist of Physics and Communications 2110.  I also have received Highest Honor Roll every year and have lettered in Academics.
Higher Education is important because, to me, it is the only way!  Higher Education opens doors that allow you to pursue many of life’s goals and dreams.  Not only does it provide education, but also experiences that help you to grow as an individual.
My financial need is quite great.  Right now I am under legal guardianship because of choices my mother and father made.  Both of them pursued drugs heavily when I was young, and I was abused and neglected.  Fortunately when I was in 8th grade I was able to live with a close friend and her parents, where I reside currently.  When I turn eighteen, I will have to finance everything myself, which leaves me stressing for money to finance college.

No comments:

Post a Comment